Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Unexpected

As I was reading an old Bible this morning that a friend recently gave me, an old check fell out of it. Not from my friend or from the past 20 years or so(the date still had 19__). It was scribbled on and torn in two pieces like a child had played with it.

As soon as it fell out I heard Holy Spirit say, "When you seek me for me and aren't looking for my blessings and gifts, they will surprise you and fall on you."

Man, that's so good! I feel like I lived out a tiny little piece today of "Seek first the kingdom of heaven and all these things will be added to you". God will sometimes withhold the blessings he desperately wants to give us because we're not ready or they would do more harm to us than good. But when your heart is fully after him, blessings and favor will start to overtake you.

I also find it interesting that the check is 20 yrs old. God has stuff he's waiting to give us. We're not waiting on him. He's waiting on us. If you're in lack today, it's not because God doesn't know or doesn't care, it's because you're too caught up in or your heart is too attached to the promises God has made to you than how attached your heart is to him. Seek first God and his kingdom, truly seeking him for him. And when your heart has fully been captivated by him things will start to unexpectedly happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment