Sunday, June 12, 2016

A Weekend to Remember

So, I posted a video on Facebook Friday morning talking about this weekend being something special. I ended up sending messages to several friends on top of that as well. I was beyond excited. Well, it didn't take long for things to surpass my expectations. I get to work that morning and find an email asking me to start the interview process for a promotion i was pursuing. Awesome. Then that night I got to chill by the fire at a friends birthday party all evening. Now for anyone who knows me, you know i ADORE fire. Just something about the flames that mesmerize me. I don't know. And before you throw out the term "arsonist" I'll have you know I much prefer Pyromaniac. It has a much better ring to it. Haha.

Anyways, back to the crazy goodness of the weekend. I get directed that night, or maybe it was the night before to some training videos that really helped unlock some things in me heading me towards my destiny. Yes. Even more stoked. Roll to Saturday night. I head to a meeting at a friends house and get to encounter heaven like I haven't encountered heaven in a very long time. The presence was so strong I dropped to the floor on more than one occasion. I was refreshing to be so overcome by the love and presence of God again. It had been sorely missed.

Today I wake up to take care of a couple things and go pick up my brother and get new phones for the both of us. Which, another huge blessing since both of our phones were starting to fritz out on us. Yes! Just keeps getting better. I head to church after a quick lunch and afternoon backing up and restoring information to and from our phones. Because I was tired, I almost didn't go. But, once again, the presence of God was so great during worship i almost lost it again several times. It was wonderful.

I sit down after the music is finished and I get caught into a vision or a trance whatever you want to call it. I encountered heaven in a way I never had before. I played out several scenes and saw them so intimately. I didn't just witness it, i experienced it. I was there. I come out of it and am so compelled to write down what I just saw. I get out my phone and am frantically typing the encounter I just had for the whole time the pastor was speaking. Music starts back up again and as i'm putting my phone in my pocket, I look up to see the band prophetically singing this song:

"You write a beautiful story
 You write a beautiful story
 Beginning to ending
 And in-between"

I literally just got a download of scenes to a book God's giving me and he confirms it with the song he's having the band sing. Wow! Incredible how God works through his people doing the same thing through many who aren't communicating with each other but only with Him.

Believe it or not, that wouldn't be all that happened this weekend. I get home from church and bug my roommate to come hang by the pool with me. As we're sitting talking by the pool, we come up with a business idea that's just super exciting and that I'll be sharing more about in the future.

I share all of this to say that God speaks. Here is proof that he does. Well, proof to me at least. He told me to expect this weekend would be off the chain with surprises and that a shift would happen. I didn't know if it would be just in the spirit or if stuff would happen right away in the natural. I know this weekend's events were not just for me. I would love to hear your stories of what God did for you over the last weekend and what things shifted in your life. I'm excited to hear all the good reports of God unlocking your identity and destiny!

No comments:

Post a Comment