Saturday, July 2, 2016

Recharge

So, I find myself hangin out by the dam this evening after work. It's been a long, busy week and the time of just stillness and reflection is much needed. There's just something about the water that calms me. It soothes me and let's my mind stop and not run 100 miles an hour.

It's 4th of July weekend and this place is crawling with families. People fishing, boating, or just chilling. It's a great sight to see and an awesome atmosphere to just feel and sit in. The weather is perfect. The stone I'm sitting on still warm from the heat of the day with a soft breeze blowing in off the lake. The sky is slightly overcast, which helps keep it cool, but not too cool. It's seriously perfect.

As I sit here and just breathe in the fresh air and take a few minutes to rest before I run off to another meeting tonight I'm reminded at just how important it is to take time to recharge. We do it throughout the day when we eat or at night when we sleep. But something our culture doesn't do well is let our minds and spirits rest. We're constantly running.

So on this busy weekend with campfires, drinks, barbecues, fireworks, parades, and celebrations, don't forget to take some of the extra time you have to let your mind and your spirit recharge. You can have the greatest diet and exercise and get the perfect amount of rest and still burn out.

As always, hope you're encouraged, inspired, and empowered to be the very best version of you.

Till next time,
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment