Monday, September 5, 2016

The Butterfly Effect

Have you ever hit that point in your life where you feel like you're boxed into your destiny? Like all the good things you've been working towards or looking for are staring you in the face and running towards you at 100 miles per hour all while being backed into a corner and can't get away no matter how hard you try? Well, if so, that's been my last couple weeks.

It started a couple weeks ago when I was falling asleep and God started talking to me. I quick grabbed my phone and recorded all the things he was saying. (No, I didn't audibly record the voice of God. That would've been pretty neat! Haha.) Strike 1.

The next day my buddy comes up to me at church and told me basically the same things God told me the night before. Strike 2.

Then, a few days ago a friend I haven't talked to in months sends me a Facebook message saying the same thing and expounding on what I had heard. Strike 3.

Never before have I had God speak something so loudly to me as well as be so intentional about it to tell me again and again in just the matter of about a week and a half.

Now, you're probably wondering what he was saying. The basic theme of the word that was repeated was that in the next month, or 30-day period that my life would radically change. All the things I've been waiting for are going to be coming together. It should be a crazy month.

So, it's Labor Day and I'm hanging out at a friends house having some grilled meats and just enjoying the weather when a butterfly comes and lands on my shoulder. And then flies up and lands on my other shoulder. And then flies up and lands on my hat. This is the point when I think, "Ok God, I hear you. What are you trying to tell me?"

I look up what the meaning of butterflies on google quick and here's the first thing that pulls up.

"Imagine the whole of your life changing to such an extreme you are unrecognizable at the end of the transformation. Mind you, this change takes place in a short span of about a month too (that's how long the butterfly life cycle is)."

Confirming yet again that I'm in for an intense month. I'm super excited to see what happens and watch everything unfold and bring you guys with me on the journey.

Also, don't be afraid to let God speak to you through things like a butterfly. Nothing to go building a theology off of, but just know God is always speaking to you and not always in the way we might expect.

As always, be encouraged and unafraid to be everything you were created to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment