Monday, October 5, 2015

How Was Your Day?

So, this weekend I had a pretty intense encounter with heaven. I wrote it all down and have been going back to it trying to unpack the fullness of it. I was asking questions and writing down what I heard heaven telling me. As I sat down tonight, I was about to jump right back in and start asking questions and learning more about what Papa had for me when a different thought took over me. Instead of just selfishly digging out what I was seeking I asked a different question, "How was your day today?"

His answer surprised me. It was like I could hear and "feel" his thoughts and he considered the flood in South Carolina, starvation throughout the world, suffering and abuse. After thinking about all those things, he said this:

"Today was a good day. It's always a good day to me. We don't have bad days here in heaven. Yes, I know there are terrible things going on in the world. And my heart breaks and I am far from ignorant or unaware. But I choose to focus on the good things. Today people were healed all over the world. Today people were set free. Today people thought differently about me, more towards the way I truly am."

Wow! This is pretty incredible to me. God is not unhappy. Even on the most atrocious days he chooses to find the good in it and say, "Today was a good day." I want to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment