Monday, March 14, 2016

Unexpected Rest

The best part about today started when I had been sitting at the airport for 30 minutes waiting for my phone to ping me and tell me I had a ride. (I started driving for Lyft on the side a few weeks ago.) I decided to apply a little of my faith and ask God to help send me rides so I could make some cash. His response. "Did I ask you to do this today?"

Ouch. So, I kinda tried to make excuses and then started over thinking that I never should've signed up for Lyft in the first place (dramatic I know), when he asked me to turn off the app and go spend some time with him by the dam. I sighed and punched it into my GPS and headed that way. Kinda feeling down like I missed it and I wasted time all day getting to the point where he could tell me I was missing it. Not the greatest feeling in the world.

As I'm driving he starts to tell me how he just wants me to be out in the sun and fresh air and enjoy it with him. Somehow I believed he had some hard conversation or daunting task I would have to accomplish. Nope. Somehow I forgot how crazy in love with me he is and how for me he is. He wanted me to enjoy today for ME. Wierd concept in trying to still wrap my brain around after years of pursuing him and more of just letting him pursue me.

I'm almost to the marina where I thought I was headed, a place he's sent me many times before, when I saw the rocks going out along side of the dam and it just looked wonderfully inviting. I parked and headed down there. Took off my shirt to enjoy the fullness of the vitamin D that I could absorb (also realizing that I need to work on toning my body and taking care of the temple he's given me and I've kinda started to let go. Anyways, back to the story.) and headed down to the rocks. I found this nice big flat one right by the waters edge in the sun.

It was nice but a little awkward as well. Everyone else there was down the pier a ways and fishing. And here's me tanning or whatever I was doing. I felt weird before the fisherman started taking pics of the "hippie kid meditating on the rock". Haha. Oh well. I started to get antsy and was like, "God, why am I here?" He just told me to lay down and enjoy it. So I did. It was awesome. My off day turned into a restful restorative day thanks to him.

At this point you're probably thinking, "Tony, I just read this story and now what? You ran that right off a cliff. Where are you going with this?" Haha. Funny you ask. I'm getting there. The point is, sometimes there doesn't have to be a big point, or some mind blowing experience or encounter. Sometimes it's just ok to be with him. It can be one of the most restoring things to your mind, body, and spirit.

I just finished off the night after coming home and having some hard conversations that needed to be had and worshipping him, to type this up and let whoever reads know that Jesus is worth it. Following him, giving him your whole life is exhilarating and scary and awesome and at times painful and exhausting. But at the end of the day. Every day. It's worth it.

As always, be encouraged friends.
Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment